Associate Professor, University of Torino (ESOMAS department).
Research Fellow, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
Research Fields: Game Theory, Political Economy, Industrial Organization.
Contact: andrea.gallice(at)unito.it; andrea.gallice(at)carloalberto.org
Articles in Refereed Journals
- Curious about the Price? Consumers’ Behavior in Price Reveal Auctions (with G. Sorrenti), Applied Economics Letters, forthcoming.
- Economic and Social-Class Voting in a Model of Redistribution with Social Concerns (with E. Grillo), Journal of the European Economic Association, 20 (6), 3140-3172, 2020.
- What is Good for the Goose is Good for the Gander? How Gender-Specific Conceptual Frames Affect Financial Participation and Decision-Making (with C. Boggio and F. Coda-Moscarola), Economics of Education Review, 75, 109152, 2020.
- Cooperation in Social Dilemmas through Position Uncertainty (with I. Monzón), The Economic Journal, 129 (621), 2137-2154, 2019. [RES media briefing]
- A Model of Educational Investment, Social Concerns and Inequality (with E. Grillo), The Scandinavian Journal of Economics, 121 (4), 1620-1646, 2019. [online appendix]
- Bankruptcy Problems with Reference-Dependent Preferences, International Journal of Game Theory, 48 (1), 311-336, 2019.
- Social Status, Preferences for Redistribution and Optimal Taxation: A Survey, Economics: The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, 12 (55), 1-17, 2018.
- An Approximate Solution to Rent-Seeking Contests with Private Information, European Journal of Operational Research, 256 (2), 673-684, 2017.
- Price Reveal Auctions, The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, 16 (2), pp. 485-514, 2016.
- Optimal Stealing Time, Theory and Decision, 80 (3), pp. 451-462, 2016.
- Equilibrium Selection through pu-Dominance, Economic Theory Bulletin, 3 (1), pp. 53-64, 2015.
-, Research in Economics, 64 (4), pp. 240-246, 2010.
- Education, Dynamic Signalling and Social Distance, Oxford Economic Papers, 61 (2), pp. 304-326, 2009.
- Some Equivalence Results between Mixed Strategy Nash Equilibria and Minimax Regret in 2x2 Games, Economics Bulletin, 3 (28), pp. 1-8, 2007.
- Un Bilancio dell’Esperienza UMTS in Europa: fu Collusione?, Mercato Concorrenza Regole, 2, pp. 309-328, 2002.
Chapters in Books
- What Economic Theory Can (and Cannot) Say about Local Regulation, in The Political Economy of Local Regulation, (eds. A. Asquer, F. Becchis and D. Russolillo), Palgrave McMillan, New York, pp. 113-126, 2016.
- Best Responding to What? A Behavioural Approach to One Shot Play in 2x2 Games, in Games, Rationality and Behaviour. Essays on Behavioural Game Theory and Experiments, (eds. A. Innocenti and P. Sbriglia), Palgrave McMillan, New York, pp. 184-203, 2008.
Working Papers / Work in Progress
- Metrics, Interaction and Influence: The Immigration Debate on Social Media (with P. Conzo, J. S. Morales, M. Samahita and L. K. Taylor).
- Can ♥s Change Minds: Social Media Endorsements and Policy Preferences (with P. Conzo, J. S. Morales, M. Samahita and L. K. Taylor).
- Strategic Announcements of Reference Points in Disputes and Litigations. [link]
- Self-Serving Biased Reference Points. [link]
- Lowest Unique Bid Auctions with Signals. [link]
On line since 30/09/2007 - Last update 13/04/2021 - (c) Andrea Gallice, 2007-2021.